Saturday 1 June 2013

Shortscale Bass and 12000 views

I am quite happy to realise that I have managed 12000 views so thank you all for visiting.
Heres the latest guitar from me which is  a shortscale bass made from the neck of an encore shortscale.
The original Encore bass is aimed at the child student market, the body feels like it's made from papier mache although it is some sort of wood.   It's so light and distinctively wobbles when you play it and I am the least fussiest person when it comes to what material a guitar body s made from but in this case!. The electronics are not up to much either and fitted with cheapo strings makes for a horrible instrument. It's one saving grace is it actually has a reasonably nice neck. so I parted out the body. The pickups I'm going to use for four string cbg's.
With the neck and an oddball shaped body from Mahogany offcuts comes this creation.
Yeah it's pretty ugly but that was the Idea It's a bit reminiscent of those old Russian guitars.
It doesfit into a standard size gig bag and is pretty easy to play sat down. On the strap it suffers from neck dive due to the lack of upper horn.
Any how here's some pictures.



you can read the spec and maybe purchase a rare ShonKy bass (Only the 3rd bass I've made)
from HERE
 

No comments:

Post a Comment