Sunday 8 July 2012

Rumbler Bass (Beech Kitchen worktop)


The Rumbler Bass (named by my Toddler son) Is finished
I'm not massively happy with overall due to the length of it and the failed attempts to lacquer it. Also the neck is slightly misaligned and a slightly untidy neck socket.
It was fun experimenting with a heavily carved shape and I'm  really pleased with the Aluminium / Mahogany jackplate. I'm also really pleased with the Beech wood as a guitar body. There is very little vibration transference from the strings, this coupled with the chunky bridge gives it great sustain so I will definately looking for some more Beech for an electric guitar. and I do like the overall look. It does look very flintstones, the carved body is very comfortable and sits lovely on the player. If I where to build another ( unlikely) it would be a bit shorter overall with a longer top horn and a deeper cutaway.
Any way it's on sale Via Ebay as an Auction starting at £60 to cover the material cost at least.






No comments:

Post a Comment