Tuesday 10 July 2012

Cigarbox Ukulele

The cigar box Ukulele is finished and I am overjoyed with the end product.
Apart from somehow denting the fingerboard after I had glued it on it's not too noticeable though.



Specification.
Concert scale Ukulele.
Body: Vintage La Corona cigar box. Cedar top (lid) Possibly beech sides and some sort of Mahogany type bottom. with original labels.
Neck: Mahogany scarf jointed headstock. Extra chunky.
Fingerboard: Wenge.
Bridge: Australian Walnut.
Saddle & Nut. Bone
Tuning machines. open ivory effect plastic buttons.
Position markers: Aluminium and Wenge.




I have strung it with Aquila strings and it just sounds so sweet. Not as loud as a standard Ukulele of course but loud enough. It does have the benefit of a under saddle peizo. which sounds fairly good too. although it probably would benefit plugging in to some sort of pre amp to get the best out of it.
I'm keeping this as a demo model ( I don't have the heart to let it go just yet either) If you want to order a similar spec one then get in touch. I did put the jack socket on the back which would be on the edge in any subsequent models.

No comments:

Post a Comment