Tuesday 28 June 2011

The Salty Dog

The Salty dog is now complete and up for grabs on EBAY

I am very pleased with how this has turned out. It looks great and it sounds fantastic. It's always a worry when making an instrument because you really don't know how it's going to sound until it's pretty much finished. It is also part of the joy.
I really should get around to making sound clips for my guitars but don't expect a Shonky Youtube channel unless I find someone else who's willing to be the star.

Here is the Bumpf from my Website:

SALTY DOG
Salty Dog's body has been entirely constructed from pieces of driftwood found on my local beaches.




The neck comes from an encore strat which has been carved and painted to look like driftwood.
it features an aged tunomatic bridge.
Weathered tuners. Brass anchor Inlay
One unknown vintage, aged single coil pickup and a single vintage volume control with a seashell control knob is all this piece of flotsam needs to belt out an authentic blues tone. A compass in a brass plate from a sextant enhances the nautical theme. (The compass is affected by the pickup so of no navigational use whatsoever) The strings are anchored via a piece of driftwood.
The Salty Dog has been made as a Slide guitar. It's body shape is quite suitable for playing as a lap guitar The action is 2 - 2.5mm off the 12th fret so you can fret notes too. I wouldn't recommend buying this to use as a normal guitar, the frets would need dressing the nut would need lowering and the the tuners are pretty rubbish. This can be improved upon of course.

I haven't put strap pins on as I wasn't sure where to put them.

Sold

No comments:

Post a Comment