Saturday 5 February 2011

First Blog

This is my first ever Blog. Having thought about what I'm going to write about and not coming up with anything relevant I'm just going to ramble on with whatever pops in to my head just to get this damn thing going.
This Blog wil be mainly about my instrument building so I should have done a Blog about One of my instruments but that will come soon. I have just opened a website http://www.shonkymusicalinstruments.co.uk/ to go in tandem with this blog, again the website has no instruments on it either but will have as soon as I get some decent photo's.

I decided to start building musical instruments a year ago when I had an old stove top kettle that had broken. I was going to take it to the tip but then it occured to me that it would make a sound basis for a resonator guitar so I knocked a crude one up and it sounded ok but not brilliant but the Idea is sound and it will be redone at some point. since then I have made an upright three string bass out of an old wardrobe a diddley bat (Diddley bow from a cricket bat). A three string cigar box banjo/guitar. and rebuilt several custom guitars from orphaned guitars there are of course several more nearly finished project which will be unveiled shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment