Tuesday 22 February 2011

Cigar Box Guitar No1

Here is My first Cigar box Guitar  which I completed a while ago. It is also one of the first Instruments I made.

It is completely handmade using a small very old cigar box (It had some damage to the front hence the lighter marks from the filler) and wood from some broken furniture including an old wardrobe that went into mainly making a 3 string upright bass. (To be featured soon)

The nut and saddle are roughly carved from an old cow or pig bone that I found in the hedge. The tuners are banjo tuners which are a bit tricky to keep in tune also they are a bit close together really.
I decided to have a go at putting the frets on. I think I might need some better equipment as the intonation is pretty poor.  however it makes a nice little slide guitar.
The Shonky plate on the side Hides an access hole to a Piezo.
It sounds pretty good and quite loud acoustically, plugged in it sounds pretty raw which I like.




No comments:

Post a Comment