Tuesday 1 November 2011

Diddy Bow

No not a spelling mistake. This is the Diddy Bow so named because of it's tiny dimensions.
Total length 26" / 67cm
Scale Length 19" / 48cm
Box Size: 6.25" / 16cm X 4.5" / 11cm
1 String + Piezo Pickup.

First Picture is next to my Beli CBG for comparison.




 Purple Heart Nut


 Floating Purple Heart Bridge



This one is  very rustic using basic tools which I find very satisfying and is in the true spirit of CBG building. I really like the picture on the box. The neck is hand shaped and set at a jaunty angle. I didn't notice until I was finishing it that there was what looked like a crack right through in the centre of the neck having put a fair bit of pressure on it and not breaking it I figure this must be a crack that must have occured when the wood was growing and then healed.
Sounds rough and ready as it should.
For sale Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment