Monday 9 May 2011

Cigarbox N01 Update

I have had a bit of a rethink with my first cigarbox. If you've read this post then you will know that the intonation was a bit off.
This was one of the first Instruments I had built and I thought I might have been running before I could walk by attempting to fret it. Any how I was not to be beaten and got my files out.
I lowered the string slots on the nut. took about 2 mm of the saddle. I had also tried to do a compensated saddle to try and correct the intonation previously so returned it back to a straight edge.
The result? Well! much, much better. Don't get me wrong it ain't perfect but it's liveable with. I certainly feel much happier now as I was very happy about the superb rustic look and it does sound  very good. i only wish now that I left enough room on the headstock for proper tuners.

No comments:

Post a Comment