Saturday 11 June 2011

Supplies

Well recently I've done quiet well on sourcing supplies.
First of all a few weeks ago I scored at least a ton of mahogany offcuts from a joinery firm. all about 2.5" thick and 2 to 3 foot in length most 8" wide but some 6" and some 2.5" wide Some of it is in my local joinery firm being thicknessed as we speak to be made into guitar bodies for an electric guitar project I have in development, the thinner pieces will be usefull for necks.
I also scored a box of various potentiometers and capacitors for about a third of the going price.
Along with the massive job lot of pickups and tuners I probably have enough supplies to last me a couple of years.

I also picked up these lovely old Cigar boxes


If I'm going to make cigar box guitars I'm aiming to use old ones as I think they look better. Modern boxes are OK though but I see so many CBG's with the government health warnings on and why do so many CBG makers think sink drain covers are a good thing? 

No comments:

Post a Comment