Friday 6 September 2013

6 String and 4 String cigar box guitars

Here's another 2 recent builds a 6 string which has been sold and a 4 string which is actually made from a wine box which is still available for sale on my Website. Both boxes are nice and big which makes for an excellent acoustic instrument.
After I built the 6 string I noticed the top edge was very sharp and was very uncomfortable on the forearm so I made a banjo type arm rest to alleviate this problem. (I neglected to take a picture of it with this on though).
It worked great and looked pretty cool too so I decided to make one for the latest 4 stringer too as it had the same sharp edge problem.
Anyhow heres the pictures for both. more particular details for the 6 string  can be found in the ShonKy website Archive.

6 String:








 
4 String










 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment