Wednesday 28 September 2011

Beli 3 string Cigar box

Here is the finished cigar box that my recent Build Log was documenting. well nearly finished I have decided to find some brass sheet to make a tailpiece out of as I think it will suit the gold better. I also have a gold strap pin to put on too.

I am very pleased with how this one has turned out putting the neck through the centre of the box was a pretty good move as the sound transmits from the strings throughout the whole body so even without a sound hole it's certainly loud enough for acoustic strumming. Amped up is pretty good too the Teisco pickup produces a warm tone with enough low fi grittiness to keep it on the mojo side of things. It is a bit buzzy though.
For sale? No I'm keeping this one for myself. at least for a while.

Specification.

Body: Back and sides from a vintage cigar box (unsure of wood) Top made from 4 pieces of beli with a central bubinga stripe.
Neck: Beli
Fingerboard: Bubinga
Frets: 21 narrow medium nickel silver.
Bridge: Purpleheart with nickel silver fret wire top.
Nut: Purpleheart
Tailpiece: Stainless Steel
Machine heads: Gold plated
Pickup: Teisco single coil behind a Mahogany cap.
Controls: full size 500k Volume pot with a Bubinga capped gold plated Knob.
Length:
Width:
Scale length: 25.5"
Weight: 1.3 kg / 2lb 9 oz



Here's the pictures:



No comments:

Post a Comment