Thursday 25 August 2011

Works in Progress

Production here at Shonky Towers has been a bit quiet of late, however another short scale three string fretted cigar box guitar is well on the way. It features an old and aged King Six cigar box, Walnut neck with a Fender inspired CBS style Paduak Headstock. (The Walnut wasn't long enough to make a whole neck out of).
 My ergonomic electric guitar body is almost finished. Pickup cavities and neck pocket are routed and the body is shaped. I just need to decide on what controls I am going to have. It is going to have two Humbuckers but I don't want 4 controls as in a Les Paul so not sure to go for some sort of push pull system with coil tappable pickups or a nice and simple  Volume, Tone & 3 way switch. I will probably be better off going for the simpler system. Anyway all will be revealed soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment