Friday 29 April 2011

Napoleon

 

He is small but domineering

This was originally a Spongebob Squarepants 3/4 size Guitar with a built in amp and speaker which had broken. I bought two repaired one and sold it on this one I kept for experimenting with various paints and finishes. I think it has had enough now so I've put him back together in a Frankenstinian way.
First the Body was stripped and the speaker and battery cavity filled. I handpainted the face and headstock front a really nice marbly effect using metallic enamels. The back and sides I started to sand off the previous layers of experimenting and thought the half sanded distressed looked alright so decided to leave it. It is mainly a deep red with copper showing through and a bit of primer. I smoothed it out a bit with finer sandpaper then a few coats of lacquer  over the whole guitar to offer some protection.
It retains it's orignal hardtail bridge and machineheads which work ok.
I have replaced the scratchplate with a handcut one from an aluminium offcut. This has been rough brushed.
It now has two single coils from an unknown manufacturer. The Bridge one is an Alnico Staggered pole magnet type with nice clear tones the neck is more a import type strat single coil with a bar magnet which gives more of a thicker tone.
There is a 3 way switch and a volume control. The jack socket is situated next to the switch.
I have also lacquered the fingerboard as this was bare wood originally.
There is no truss rod in the neck and I don't know if it is even re-enforced with a bar but it is straight and the action is pretty good with minimal fret buzz and it's suprisingly nice to play.
SOLD


No comments:

Post a Comment